‘If I attend this, I’ll be killed’: Donald Trump says ‘there’s a thing called Iran’ stopping him from attending son’s wedding
Amid growing tension over Iran conflict, US President donald trump On Thursday he said he might not be able to attend his eldest son Donald Trump Jr.’s wedding, joking that he would be “killed” whether he attended the ceremony or not.Speaking to reporters during a conversation in the Oval Office, Trump said he would try to attend the wedding, but suggested the timing was made difficult due to the current situation in Iran and potential media scrutiny.Trump said, “They want me gone… This is not a good time for me. I have a thing called Iran… If I get involved, I’ll be killed. If I don’t get involved, I’ll be killed. Of course, by fake news.”The comments came as reports emerged that Donald Trump Jr., 48, is set to marry Palm Beach socialite and model Bettina Anderson in a private ceremony in the Bahamas this weekend.According to CNN, the guest list was intentionally kept small, with only close family members and friends invited to the intimate event.Click here for live updates of Iran war Trump indicated that his attendance was uncertain due to international developments and security concerns regarding the presidential visit.“That’s something I can’t win over, whether he attends the wedding or not,” he said, referring to potential criticism from the media.Donald Trump Jr. announced his engagement to Anderson during a White House holiday party in December. The couple reportedly got engaged at Camp David, the presidential residence in Maryland. Anderson later hosted a bridal shower at Trump’s Mar-a-Lago estate in Palm Beach.The upcoming ceremony will mark Trump Jr.’s second wedding. He was married to Vanessa Trump, with whom he has five children, before divorcing in 2018. Vanessa Trump recently revealed that she has been diagnosed with breast cancer.Trump Jr. was also previously engaged to Kimberly Guilfoyle, who is now the US Ambassador to Greece, before the relationship ended in 2024.Also read: Trump says attack on Iran halted, warns US prepared for ‘full, massive attack’ if no deal
