30 doctors took bribe, but the government sent only 27 names for action. india news

30 doctors took bribe, but the government sent only 27 names for action!

A government investigation found 30 doctors guilty of accepting luxury trips to Paris and Monaco worth more than Rs 1.9 crore from AbbVie Pharma.However, according to the National Medical Commission, when the department sent the list – nine months after its top committee ordered it to do so in December 2024 – it contained only 27 names.The department did not respond to TOI’s queries on how and why the names of the three doctors went missing.When TOI asked NMC chairman Dr Abhijat Sheth what action had been taken against the 30 doctors, he said the commission had received 27 names in September 2025. These were forwarded to the nine state medical councils where the doctors were registered “for investigation and appropriate action”.He said that under the NMC Act, the concerned State Medical Council has the jurisdiction to investigate complaints related to ethical or professional misconduct against doctors. However, he did not specify which nine states.The Pharmaceuticals Department and NMC have also refused to reveal the names of the doctors involved.Through an RTI to the PMO, it was revealed that the list was sent to the Kerala State Medical Council, which clarified that only one doctor in the list, which it received on December 16, 2025, was from the state. The KSMC registrar said clarification has been sought from the doctor five months after receiving the name and the matter is under process.As per the NMC Act, if a complaint is not decided by the State Medical Council within six months, the Commission has the option to refer it to its Ethics Committee. Asked whether the NMC would take over the matter if the state councils did not act, Sheth said it would “take firm action… as appropriate”.

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *