Three killed, two injured in Saharsa road accident. patna news

Three killed, two injured in road accident in Saharsa
Three people, including two villagers and a pedestrian, were killed in a tragic road accident in Saharsa’s Bangaon area late Thursday night when a speeding tractor hit two motorcycles. Two youths suffered injuries and are undergoing treatment in hospital. Following the incident, protests broke out at Sadar Hospital over alleged delay in medical aid, leading to emergency services being disrupted for some time before police intervention.

Patna: Three people died and two others were injured in a road accident in Bangaon police station area of ​​Saharsa late on Thursday night.The incident occurred when a speeding tractor collided with two motorcycles. The deceased were identified as Vijay Yadav (45), Saurabh Kumar (18), resident of Chainpur village of Bangaon police station area and an unknown person. The injured were identified as Shivam Kumar and Anand Mishra, both 18 years old and residents of Nagar Panchayat Ward No. 1. 17 Under Bangaon police station area. He is undergoing treatment in a private hospital.Saurabh Simri was a student of Bakhtiyarpur ITI College, while Vijay worked as a mason.After the deaths, local people and family members demonstrated at Sadar Hospital alleging delay in treatment.Sadar SHO Saurabh Kumar said, “A speeding tractor hit two different bikes near Sarari Tola West. There were three riders on one bike and one on the other. A pedestrian also died in the accident. He is being identified.”“The protest turned violent, with family members clashing with hospital staff and injuring a guard. Emergency services were disrupted for about two hours. After police intervention, the protesters were pacified. The bodies were handed over to the family after postmortem. The tractor driver is being searched for legal action.”

Source link

Tamil Nadu Elections: Why Annamalai was not given ticket, Tejasvi Surya told. india news

Tamil Nadu Elections: Why Annamalai was not given ticket, explains Tejasvi Surya

New Delhi: Hours after the Bharatiya Janata Party dropped K Annamalai from the list of candidates for the upcoming elections, the party MP from Karnataka stunning surya on Friday described the former Tamil Nadu BJP chief as the “most popular leader” and claimed that the party has made him responsible for campaigning for all the candidates.Campaigning for the BJP in poll-bound Kerala, Surya said, “Annamalai is the most popular leader of the BJP, he has huge supporters not only in Tamil Nadu, but across the country. He has been given the responsibility to campaign for all the candidates in Tamil Nadu.”“Even today, he is in Keralam where he has a huge following. He is also campaigning in Puducherry, where people are crazy about him. I am confident that Annamalai’s popularity across Tamil Nadu and her campaign will translate into victory for BJP candidates across the state.”Earlier in the day, the BJP released its list of 27 candidates for the upcoming Tamil Nadu Assembly elections after talks within the NDA alliance.While Tamilisai Sundararajan (Mylapore), Vanathi Srinivasan (Coimbatore North), and Union Minister L. While senior leaders like Murugan (Avinashi) have been fielded, Annamalai’s name is nowhere in the list.However, K Annamalai termed it his “responsibility” and said that he would continue to campaign for the upcoming assembly elections despite being absent from the party’s list of candidates in Tamil Nadu.Speaking to media persons after a public meeting in Kannur, Kerala, Annamalai described campaigning in Puducherry, Kerala and Tamil Nadu as his “role” for the BJP in the upcoming elections.He said, “In this election, my role is to campaign for the candidates all over Tamil Nadu. Right now, the party has given me the responsibility to campaign in Puducherry and Kerala till the 7th (April). From the 7th to the 23rd, I have to campaign for all the BJP and NDA candidates across Tamil Nadu. The party has given me this responsibility. I will fulfill that responsibility.”It is noteworthy that former IPS officer Annamalai is a key figure in the party’s aggressive expansion strategy in South India. He is often seen as a direct representative of Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision, often appearing with him at major rallies.A total of 234 constituencies in the state will go to polls in a single phase on April 23 in Tamil Nadu. Counting of votes is to take place on May 4.

Source link

अयोध्या में दिनदहाड़े लूट की कोशिश नाकाम, बुर्के में लड़की और उसका प्रेमी 2 घंटे के अंदर गिरफ्तार

अयोध्या के रुदौली इलाके में दिनदहाड़े ज्वैलर्स की दुकान में डकैती की सनसनीखेज कोशिश का मामला सामने आया है. तीन अप्रैल को कोठी बाजार स्थित एक सराफा दुकान पर एक लड़की ग्राहक बनकर पहुंची। आभूषण देखने के बहाने उसने दुकानदार को बातों में लगाया और अचानक पिस्तौल दिखाकर धमकाया। लड़की करीब 26 ग्राम सोने के आभूषण लेकर मौके से फरार हो गई. इस घटना से इलाके में हड़कंप मच गया, लेकिन पुलिस ने त्वरित कार्रवाई करते हुए महज 2 घंटे में ही पूरे मामले का खुलासा कर दिया.

बुर्के की आड़ में रची गई थी साजिश
पुलिस जांच में पता चला कि यह पूरी घटना एक पूर्व नियोजित साजिश थी. लड़की ने अपनी पहचान छुपाने के लिए बुर्का पहना था. उसका प्रेमी पहले से ही दुकान के बाहर मोटरसाइकिल लेकर खड़ा था। जैसे ही युवती आभूषण लेकर बाहर आई तो दोनों तुरंत बाइक से भाग निकले।

सीसीटीवी फुटेज से मिली अहम जानकारी
घटना के तुरंत बाद पुलिस ने आसपास के सीसीटीवी कैमरे चेक किए. फुटेज में पूरी घटना साफ दिख रही थी और सबसे खास बात यह थी कि बाइक का नंबर भी दर्ज हो गया था. इस सुराग के आधार पर पुलिस ने त्वरित कार्रवाई करते हुए महज 2 घंटे के अंदर दोनों आरोपियों को गिरफ्तार कर लिया.

गिरफ्तार अभियुक्त एवं बरामद सामान
पुलिस ने बाबा बाजार निवासी पायल कोरी (21 वर्ष) और मवई निवासी राहुल कुमार (21 वर्ष) को गिरफ्तार कर लिया है। उनके पास से करीब 5 लाख रुपये के सोने के आभूषण, अपराध में इस्तेमाल बुर्का, प्लास्टिक पिस्तौल, मोबाइल फोन (ओप्पो और वीवो), पिट्ठू बैग और सुपर स्प्लेंडर मोटरसाइकिल बरामद की गई है।

खिलौना पिस्तौल से करते थे वारदातें
जांच में यह भी पता चला कि राहुल ने पहले ही बाजार से नकली पिस्टल और बुर्का खरीद लिया था. ये दोनों एक ही तरीके से लूट की योजना बनाते थे. लड़की दुकान पर जाकर गहने दिखाने को कहती थी और फिर दुकानदार को खिलौना पिस्तौल दिखाकर डरा देती थी और गहने लेकर भाग जाती थी.

पुलिस की त्वरित कार्रवाई से मामला खुला
वरिष्ठ पुलिस अधीक्षक गौरव ग्रोवर के निर्देशन में पुलिस टीम ने त्वरित कार्रवाई करते हुए मामले का पर्दाफाश कर दिया. पुलिस ने दोनों आरोपियों के खिलाफ संबंधित धाराओं में मामला दर्ज कर लिया है और आगे की कानूनी कार्रवाई की जा रही है.

(रिपोर्ट:अनूप कुमार अयोध्या)

Source link

Who was Shakeel Khan? Pakistani-American restaurant owner shot in 2019, reward for information on suspect increased to $5 million

Who was Shakeel Khan? Pakistani-American restaurant owner shot in 2019, reward for information on suspect increased to $5 million

Authorities in the United States have increased the reward for information leading to the arrest or conviction of the person responsible for the murder to $5 million. Shakeel KhanThe 50-year-old restaurant owner was shot dead in 2019.Khan, a Pakistani‑American, was shot dead outside his restaurant, Halal Bites, on Riverside Drive in Johnson City on the evening of March 30, 2019. Police say he was shot and killed when he was closing his business for the night.Despite years of investigation by local and federal law enforcement, no one has been arrested in connection with the murder. The case remains open and active, and authorities continue to appeal for help from the public.In 2020, police and the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) offered a $50,000 reward for information leading to an arrest. That initial offer resulted in no arrests, and now, six years later, the department has increased the funding to $5 million.Now, the Rewards for Justice Program of the United States Department of State has publicly announced a new offer of up to $5 million for information leading to the arrest or conviction of the person or persons involved in the murder of Khan in any country. The reward is being described as a high-value incentive to encourage suggestions from the public.The FBI’s Albany Field Office in Binghamton, New York, is working with the New York State Police and the Johnson City Police Department on the investigation. All three agencies are appealing for information from anyone who may have information about the crime.Authorities say they believe someone at the scene may have vital information and are urging people to come forward. Investigators are asking witnesses, acquaintances and others in the community to contact them if they can help shed light on what happened.Khan’s family and friends have also expressed their desire for justice and said they hope the increased reward will lead to success. Investigators say anyone with information can contact the FBI or local police for assistance in the case.

Watch

‘No internal democracy’: Former Congress leader Shakeel Ahmed’s explosive claim on Rahul Gandhi

Source link

BJP has fielded Vanathi in Coimbatore North, while Congress has fielded youth in Kavundampalayam, Singanallur. coimbatore news

BJP has fielded Vanathi in Coimbatore North, while Congress has fielded youth candidate in Kavundampalayam, Singanallur.

Coimbatore: The BJP is fielding 55-year-old Vanathi Srinivasan in Coimbatore North constituency for the April 23 assembly elections, while the Congress has named 27-year-old KP Surya Prakash and 37-year-old V Srinidhi Mohan as its candidates from Kavundampalayam and Singanallur respectively. Both parties released their lists of candidates on Friday. Vanathi, the sitting MLA from Coimbatore South, is the national president of the BJP women’s wing. He contested from Coimbatore South constituency in 2016 and 2021. He won in 2021 by defeating actor and MNM leader Kamal Haasan.

Watch

TN 2026 elections: Key areas, constituencies and factors that will decide the election

While the BJP is fielding an experienced hand on the city seat allotted to it in the AIADMK-led alliance, the Congress has fielded two young faces in the two constituencies allotted to it in the DMK-led alliance.

Surya Prakash_ Srinidhi Mohan

KP Surya Prakash and V Srinidhi MohanTamil Nadu Youth Congress state president Surya Prakash is the Congress’s choice in the Kavundampalayam constituency. Earlier, he had held various positions in the party, including block in-charge of the Coimbatore Corporation Youth Congress. Indian Youth Congress (IYC) national secretary Srinidhi Mohan started her political career with BJP. In 2021, she joined Makkal Needhi Mayyam and contested from Udumalet constituency in the same year. In 2022, she joined the Congress and in 2025, she was appointed National Secretary of IYC.

Source link

‘Wanted a boy’: Telangana man drowns pregnant wife, two daughters in swimming pool india news

'Wanted a boy': Telangana man drowns pregnant wife, two daughters in swimming pool

New Delhi: “He wanted the baby to be a boy, but when he came to know that it was a girl, he tried to get an abortion, which his wife opposed. He then planned to kill his wife and took his two daughters with him to a swimming pool and threw them into the water.” We have registered the case and are investigating. Special teams are searching for the accused.”The horrific details, shared by a police officer, outline Azharuddin’s alleged actions in Hanamkonda, Telangana, where he is accused of murdering his pregnant wife and two young daughters. The accused is still absconding, police teams are searching for him.According to investigators, Azharuddin, who had a love marriage, was upset after learning that the child in his womb was a girl. Police said he had earlier attempted a forced abortion, but his wife objected. Authorities believe this led to the alleged crime, in which he took his family to a swimming pool and pushed them into the water.The case has been registered and investigation is ongoing.

Source link

चमोली: गोपेश्वर, चमोली में चीड़ के जंगल में लगी आग पर एक घंटे के भीतर काबू पाया गया, बड़ी आपदा टली।

नगर क्षेत्र के निकट ग्वीलोन गांव के चीड़ के जंगलों में शुक्रवार को अचानक आग लग गई। वन विभाग और फायर सर्विस की टीमों ने त्वरित कार्रवाई करते हुए एक घंटे के अंदर ही इस पर काबू पा लिया. समय पर आग बुझने से आसपास की आवासीय इमारतों को नुकसान होने से बचा लिया गया.

जब जंगल की आग तेजी से फैलने लगी तो स्थानीय लोगों में दहशत फैल गई. आग रिहायशी इलाके की ओर बढ़ रही थी. ग्रामीणों ने तुरंत प्रशासन और अग्निशमन विभाग को सूचना दी, जिसके बाद राहत और बचाव कार्य शुरू किया गया.

सूचना मिलते ही फायर ब्रिगेड गोपेश्वर और अलकनंदा वन प्रभाग की टीमें मौके पर पहुंचीं। दोनों विभागों ने समन्वय स्थापित कर त्वरित कार्रवाई की। करीब एक घंटे की कड़ी मशक्कत के बाद आग पर पूरी तरह से काबू पा लिया गया। नगर निगम पार्षद दीपक बिष्ट का कहना है कि जंगलों में आग की घटनाओं को रोकने के लिए ठोस कदम उठाने की जरूरत है, ताकि भविष्य में ऐसी स्थितियों से बचा जा सके.

ये भी पढ़ें…हरिद्वार: एक तरफा प्यार की सनक में युवक ने भागते समय खुद को मारी गोली, की आत्महत्या

अलकनंदा वन प्रभाग के रेंज अधिकारी डबल सिंह खाती ने बताया कि घटना की जानकारी मिलते ही वन विभाग की टीम तुरंत मौके पर पहुंची. तुरंत फायर सर्विस को भी सूचना दी गई। उन्होंने बताया कि दोनों टीमों के संयुक्त प्रयास से समय रहते आग पर काबू पा लिया गया, जिससे बड़ा नुकसान होने से बच गया.

Source link

A Florida man arrested for stealing $40,000 worth of trading cards from Target using cheap taco seasoning packets

A Florida man arrested for stealing $40,000 worth of trading cards from Target using cheap taco seasoning packets

A Florida man has been arrested after police say he used taco seasoning packets to steal nearly $40,000 worth of trading cards from Target stores across the state.Police allege that Keith Wallis, 39, of Palm Beach, carried out a series of burglaries at targeted locations from Miami to Orlando between July 2025 and February 2026. Investigators say when entering the stores he picked up cheap taco seasoning packets as well as large boxes of trading cards.At the self-checkout, Wallis is accused of simply scanning the cheap seasoning packets and paying, then leaving the store with the valuable card box. Authorities say that after taking the items, he sold the stolen trading cards online, primarily on eBay, generating approximately $40,000 in revenue.According to a press release from the Florida Attorney General’s Office, Target lost more than $10,000 from the alleged theft, which involved approximately 75 separate incidents. Cards reportedly targeted by Wallis are often highly collectible and can fetch strong prices among buyers.Wallis is charged with aggravated organized retail theft, felony dealing in stolen property and felony money laundering. Authorities say if convicted on all counts, he could face up to 90 years in the Florida Department of Corrections.Florida Attorney General James Uthmeyer said such schemes would “carry the maximum punishment under the law.”Palm Beach County Sheriff Rick Bradshaw said the investigation included cooperation between the county and state law enforcement, and said those profiting from the theft would be held accountable.Authorities also say Wallis is being investigated for similar thefts at other stores, including Walmart and Publix.

Source link

जगदीशपुर में दिनदहाड़े व्यवसायी पर चाकू से हमला, 4 दिन बाद भी आरोपी फरार

उत्तर प्रदेश के अमेठी जिले के जगदीशपुर थाना क्षेत्र में दिनदहाड़े एक व्यापारी पर चाकू से हमला करने का मामला सामने आया है, जिससे इलाके की कानून-व्यवस्था पर गंभीर सवाल खड़े हो गए हैं. घटना शुकुल बाजार मोड़ स्थित पुलिस चौकी के ठीक सामने की है, जहां मामूली विवाद को लेकर एक टैक्सी चालक ने व्यवसायी पर जानलेवा हमला कर दिया. इस हमले में व्यवसायी गंभीर रूप से घायल हो गया. हैरानी की बात यह है कि घटना के चार दिन बाद भी पुलिस आरोपियों को गिरफ्तार नहीं कर पाई है, जिससे लोगों में आक्रोश बढ़ता जा रहा है.

घटना पुलिस चौकी के सामने हुई
जानकारी के मुताबिक, यह घटना शुकुल बाजार मोड़ स्थित पुलिस बूथ के सामने हुई. ‘अरहान बैंगल एंड मैचिंग पैलेस’ नाम की दुकान के मालिक मो. अनीस अपनी दुकान पर मौजूद था जब उसका एक टैक्सी ड्राइवर से किसी बात पर विवाद हो गया। विवाद इतना बढ़ गया कि आरोपी ने गुस्से में आकर चाकू निकाल लिया और कारोबारी पर हमला कर दिया.

व्यवसायी गंभीर रूप से घायल हो गये
हमले के दौरान मो. अनीस पर कई बार चाकू से वार किया गया, जिससे वह गंभीर रूप से घायल हो गया। आसपास के लोग उसे तुरंत अस्पताल ले गए, जहां उसका इलाज चल रहा है। घटना के बाद इलाके में दहशत का माहौल बन गया और लोग पुलिस की कार्यशैली पर सवाल उठाने लगे.

चार दिन बाद भी आरोपी फरार
घटना को चार दिन बीत गये, लेकिन अब तक पुलिस आरोपियों को गिरफ्तार नहीं कर सकी है. स्थानीय लोगों का कहना है कि पुलिस चौकी के सामने इतनी बड़ी घटना होना और उसके बाद भी कोई कार्रवाई नहीं होना बेहद चिंताजनक है. इससे अपराधियों का हौसला बढ़ रहा है.

कानून व्यवस्था पर उठाए सवाल
इस घटना ने एक बार फिर कानून व्यवस्था पर सवाल खड़े कर दिए हैं. लोगों का कहना है कि जब पुलिस चौकी के सामने ही ऐसी घटना हो सकती है तो अन्य इलाकों में सुरक्षा का क्या हाल होगा. लोग जल्द से जल्द आरोपियों की गिरफ्तारी और कड़ी कार्रवाई की मांग कर रहे हैं.

(रिपोर्ट:बृजेश मिश्र,अमेठी)

Source link

CSK vs PBKS: Chennai turns up the volume for Ruturaj Gaikwad at toss, goes silent after watching him bat

Chennai Super Kings’ first home match had a big impact on the mood at the MA Chidambaram Stadium. What started with a thunderous applause for captain Ruturaj Gaikwad at the toss turned into complete silence after the CSK skipper once again played a wobbly innings in the 2026 season of the Indian Premier League.

Batting with Sanju Samson and then young Ayush Mhatre, Gaikwad never really got going and played a poor innings of 28 off 22, completely dismantling Chennai’s top order.

| IPL 2026: csk vs pbks updates, Achievement: |

But it wasn’t entirely his fault. CSK, who came to bat first on a pitch that looked quite flat, faced setbacks in the very beginning. In the second over, Sanju Samson sent the ball back to the keeper while trying to drive Xavier Bartlett. It seemed as if Gaikwad had been pushed into his shell, from which he never really came out.

After hitting only two fours in his 22-ball innings, Gaikwad’s innings ended in the 12th over with what was probably one of the most harmless balls of the innings, wide of the leg side.

The batsman’s form was such that he chased the ball and swept it, but found Nehal Wadhera, the only fielder posted on the boundary.

Chepauk crowd was the loudest at the beginning of the matchSilent as their captain slowly walked away with his head bowed in disappointment.

Cricket fans on Twitter were also not happy with Gaikwad’s innings and criticized the batsman for his second failure of the season.

Chennai Super Kings were saved on Friday by a brilliant innings from Ayush Mhatre, who scored 73 runs off just 43 balls before being dismissed by Yuzvendra Chahal. Apart from young Mhatre, Sarfaraz Khan played a brilliant inning of 32 runs in 12 balls to give the home team a late lead.

ipl 2026 | ipl schedule | ipl points table | ipl video | cricket news | live score

– ends

published by:

Kingshuk Kusari

Published on:

April 3, 2026 21:11 IST

Source link