I have accomplished all my objectives before retiring: CDS

I have accomplished all my objectives before retiring: CDS
Chief of Defense Staff (CDS) General Anil Chauhan was in Lucknow to attend an event organized by Lucknow-based strategic think tank Strive India for experienced security forces personnel.

Lucknow: Chief of Defense Staff (CDS) General Anil Chauhan on Tuesday stressed on significant progress in enhancing jointness and integration among the three services ahead of his retirement on May 30, saying, “I have managed to accomplish all my objectives before the completion of my tenure.”Addressing an interaction organized by Lucknow-based strategic think tank Strive India of experienced security forces personnel, the CDS said all four service chiefs have reached consensus on proposals related to jointness across commands and submitted relevant documents for further consideration.“We have the consent of all the four chiefs who have submitted documents for jointness in the command,” the CDS said. He said the last three years have seen conscious efforts towards greater operational integration by the Army, Navy and Air Force.He said the services have begun to develop a growing number of joint doctrines and common operating procedures to improve interoperability and decision-making in future conflicts. “We have begun to create a number of joint doctrines and similar operation codes,” he said.The CDS highlighted that future warfare will be increasingly technology-driven, information-intensive and multi-domain in nature, requiring integrated planning and rapid operational responses. He also stressed the importance of indigenous capacity development, emerging technologies, cyber preparedness and strategic communications.Discussing Defense Vision 2047, General Chauhan said modernization of the armed forces must go beyond the acquisition of platforms and include changes in doctrine, organizational culture, training and military thinking to create a future-ready force structure.

Source link

Vaibhav Suryavanshi’s 93 runs keep Rajasthan Royals’ playoff hopes alive

IPL 2026: Vaibhav Suryavanshi's 93 runs keep Rajasthan Royals' playoff hopes alive
Vaibhav Suryavanshi of Rajasthan Royals (AP Photo)

New Delhi: Vaibhav Suryavanshi once again made headlines as the 15-year-old played a brilliant inning of 93 runs in just 38 balls. Rajasthan Royals Easy win by seven wickets over Lucknow Super Giants in an important match of IPL 2026 in Jaipur. The win has kept Rajasthan firmly in the race for the playoffs, with the team now needing another win against Mumbai Indians to strengthen their qualification hopes.While chasing the huge target of 221 runs, Rajasthan looked fearless from the beginning. Suryavanshi hit 10 sixes and attacked almost every bowler, making the difficult target look surprisingly easy. He first made a quick partnership with the acting captain Yashasvi Jaiswal Before making another big stand with Dhruv Jurel, who remained unbeaten with a half-century. Although the teenager missed his century by just seven runs, he had already taken the game away from Lucknow.Former cricketer Ian Bishop aptly described the youngster’s talent in the commentary, saying: “He’s ready.”First, Michelle Marsh Lucknow was taken to 220/5 with a stormy inning of 96 runs in 57 balls. Josh Inglis also played aggressively and scored 60 runs and the pair gave LSG a great start with an opening partnership of 109 runs. Even after Inglis was out, Marsh continued the attack and hit boundaries around the ground and missed a century.However, Rajasthan’s bowlers struggled for most of the innings, with only young spinner Yashraj Punja managing to exert some control by taking two wickets. Jofra Archer’s disciplined final over also helped limit further damage.The young batsman has now come close to several IPL records, including Chris Gayle’s record of hitting most sixes in a season. His fearless batting also put pressure on India’s fast bowler Mayank Yadav, who gave away a lot of runs in one over.While Lucknow’s playoff hopes ended with the defeat, Rajasthan now head into their final league match with qualification still within reach.

Source link

Indian family of 4 completes 3 months in Texas ICE custody; 12 year old child was bleeding in stool, his sister was vomiting again and again

Indian family of 4 completes 3 months in Texas ICE custody; 12 year old child was bleeding in stool, his sister was vomiting again and again
An Indian family of four was arrested by ICE and taken to a family jail. (Left: Guri; Right: Manpreet and her mother)

The Indian family of four – parents and two children – have completed almost 90 days in the Dilley Detention Center in Texas, with their future looking bleak and their health deteriorating. He was arrested during a routine check-in appointment in February and held at the controversial center, which reopened last year after the Donald Trump administration resumed family detention. YouTuber Ms. Rachel, who has been advocating for the closure of the ICE detention center, visited Dili and met with the Indian family.Ms. Rachel wrote, “I never thought I would be advocating to get families out of prison. It is an honor to meet this hard-working, compassionate family. Please free them. When Guri goes to the bathroom he is not receiving proper care for bleeding, which is dangerous medical neglect.”There is a 12 year old boy of Guri family who is having blood in his stool. This started before his detention, but he received no treatment after the entire family was taken away and thrown into a family prison. Her sister, 11-year-old Manpreet, is vomiting repeatedly because the tap water is hurting her stomach. “Both children were very kind but you could tell they were sad,” Ms Rachel wrote.Rachel wrote, “Their mother’s condition is deteriorating due to lack of proper medicines and treatment for diabetes and arthritis. Manpreet and Guri take great care of their mother and look after her as the pain has made it difficult for her to move around. Both the children are unable to sleep properly at night as the lights are on 24/7.” Meet his hard-working, kind family. It was devastating to see them all deteriorate from family detention, which is like prison.” The father, Jagadish, came to the US in 2022 seeking asylum. According to reports, he cited persistent threats and violence in his community in Punjab, India as the reason he converted from Sikhism to Catholicism. The family settled in Central Los Angeles, near Jagadish’s brother’s family.Gurvinder and the children follow the Sikh-Hindu religion and must eat vegetarian food on Tuesdays and Thursdays, but there is no vegetarian food option in the detention centre. That’s why they don’t eat anything on those days.“I worry that I came here to save myself, and I ruined three lives,” Jagadish said in an earlier Guardian interview.

Source link

Amit Shah says Naxalism in Bastar is the result of lack of development

Amit Shah says Naxalism in Bastar is the result of lack of development

Jagdalpur: Home Minister Amit Shah, who concluded his first visit to this erstwhile ‘red’ pocket borough after the end of Left-wing extremism, on Tuesday listed four dates as milestones in the journey of making Bastar Naxal-free, the first being December 23, 2024, when the BJP government was elected in Chhattisgarh; August 24, 2024, when the deadline to root out Naxalism was announced as March 31, 2026; 31 March 2026, before which Naxalism would have been completely uprooted; and May 19, 2026, which launched an initiative aimed at doorstep delivery of all government benefits to the tribals of Bastar by renovating security camps into one-stop public service centres. “It is a matter of great pride that Naxalism has been completely eliminated,” Shah said. But it also said that a major obstacle in this journey till December 13, 2023 was the lack of cooperation from the previous Congress government (led by Bhupesh Baghel) in Chhattisgarh. “I can now say without any hesitation that other non-BJP governments have cooperated in the fight against Naxalism, but the Congress government in Chhattisgarh has not,” he said at a press conference in Jagdalpur. “After the BJP government was elected in Chhattisgarh on December 13, 2024, we intensified our efforts. After reviewing the situation of Left Wing Extremism in the annual conference of police chiefs of all states on August 24, 2024, March 31, 2026 was declared the deadline to make the country Naxalism-free. The target was achieved even before the deadline.” The latest milestone he mentioned is May 19, 2026, when the initiative to create 70 Veer Shaheed Gunda Dhur ‘Seva Dera’ (public service camps) and pursue integrated development across Bastar was launched. He said, “Contrary to the narrative propagated by leftist intellectuals that Naxalism was due to lack of development in the affected areas, the reality is that Naxalism was a result of lack of development.” “There were far more backward areas in the country…Why is it that Naxalism did not raise its head in these areas? Other areas eventually developed, but Bastar remained backward and the local people were deprived of basic development.”..” “Now that Bastar has become Naxal-free, an initiative to pursue integrated development has been launched… It aims to compensate the local people who have been deprived of the benefits for the last five decades with doorstep delivery of government schemes and benefits.”

Source link